Good to Know
Why go on Chulu West Peak Climbing with us?
We have been climbing Chulu West Peak for years now, which makes us experts on the trail. We are a team of active climbers that are engaged in the travel & tour industry of Nepal for many years. Our expertise and experience make us a perfect travel partner for you. We will take care of everything from permits to assisting you to the top of the Chulu West. Get in touch with us to know more about the trip.
Chulu West Peak Climbing route
With a scenic drive from Kathmandu, you reach Jagat. From here, you trek through small villages and lush forests toward Manang. Taking day break at this village, the trail ascends to Chulu West Base Camp via Leder. The trail then gradually ascends to Camp I and then to Camp II, and finally, take to the summit of Chulu West Peak. After spending some time at the top of the peak, you descend to base camp. Further, the trail crosses challenging Thorong La Pass and descend to pilgrimage site, Muktinath. You then walk along Kali Gandaki Gorge and pass by lovely apple orchards to reach Jomsom.
Best time to go Chulu West Peak Climbing
March to May and October to November is the best time to go on Chulu West Peak Climbing. These are the peak time to climb in the Himalayas as the weather stays stable most of the time. Likewise, a moderate climate and clear views make the journey fantastic. Other seasons like winter and monsoon is not recommended for Chulu West Peak climbing.
Chulu West Peak Climbing difficulty
Chulu West Peak Climbing is a difficult climbing. The trail is full of ascends & descends on a steep and rugged path. Moreover, you need to walk on a snowy and glacier path. The trail demands 6 to 7 hours walk each day that can extend to 8 or 9 as well. You have to be in good health and strong physical fitness to go on this adventurous journey. Plus, previous trekking experience is also required.
Altitude Sickness Symptoms & Prevention
Altitude sickness is a common illness that happens during high altitude journey. Chulu West Peak Climbing takes you above 6,000 meters, which do involve chances of altitude sickness. If your body did not get acclimatize properly with the elevation at that time it is more prone to happen. Therefore, we have designed our itinerary including ample rest days.
Below you can read about symptoms and prevention of altitude sickness:
Symptoms of altitude sickness:-
- nausea and vomiting
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath
Prevention of altitude sickness:-
- Include an adequate number of rest days during the trek/climbing
- Avoid climbing more than 300-500 meters a day
- Make sure you're drinking enough water
- Eat a light but high-calorie diet
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Inform your guide immediately so that he can take proper action on time
- Drop down to lower altitude and rest for a few days until symptoms getaway
Food & Water during Chulu West Peak Climbing
- You will get meals as er the menu of the lodge in which you stay overnight. They offer a good variety of dishes like rice, curries (veg/non-veg), chapati, porridge, eggs, bread, momo, rice pudding, thukpa, sandwich, etc. During climbing, the meals will be cooked by our trained crew members. We will provide you delicious, filling, and nutritious meals that will give you adequate energy to climb.
- Boiled water is available in the teahouse. You might have to pay a few bucks at someplace to refill your water bottle. You can also find plastic water bottles on the way, but we request you not to buy it. It can get very expensive and also increases waste. Don't forget to carry water purification tablets or any lightweight purification device.
Accommodation during Chulu West Peak Climbing
The lodge will be the main accommodation in the villages, whereas during the climbing period, you stay overnight in camp. Lodges here are run by locals. The facilities in the lodge are quite basic, and it will seem more like sharing a room of the local's house than a hotel. The rooms come with twin beds, which means you have to share with a fellow trekker. Washrooms may be common most of the time. For a climbing period, we will carry all the tents and equipment that will help you survive.
Chulu West Peak Climbing cost
do offer a fixed rate for the Chulu West Peak Climbing package that includes services like ground transportation as per the itinerary, permits, accommodation, meals, and expenses of the guide & porter. If you go for tailor-made itinerary then the package cost can fluctuate as per the changes. You can check our cost include & exclude section for more information or get in touch with us.
The protection and preservation of the environment while running adventurous trips is very important for us. We take many different measures during our journey to the unspoiled Himalayas. From encouraging not to use plastic water bottles to carry our waste down to the cities to get it recycled or composted are few of the actions that we are taking.
Chulu East Peak Climbing Packing List
We want you to know that you can rent or buy all the gears in Kathmandu. There are several options from medium range brands to high-end brands for all budget types.
- Sun hat/scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Lightweight gloves/Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece/wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles
- Trek bag-pack
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Climbing harness
- Ice ax
- Mountaineering boots
- AscenderDescender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Quick-drying towel/Small wash towel
- Soap (biodegradable)
- Toothbrush/paste biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Camera with extra batteries